Please read and Confirm (at bottom).
Story Software Anthology of AI Writing 2022 (title subject to change) here as ‘book’ and ‘Anthology’.
Terms & Conditions:
- This writing competition is promoted by Story Software Limited, 22 Wenlock Street, London, N1 7GU, UK. The Publisher is Leopard Print Publishing LPP, London, UK.
- This competition is open to all and the language is English.
- How to enter: via an online form on the Story Software website. Some extra information is required such as Comments, AI system used, Amount of Human – Computer interaction. A small fee is payable which includes an environmental charity donation to Woodland Trust, UK.
- The opening date for entries is 1/02/2022. The closing date for entries is 28/02/2022. No entries received after this date will be accepted, unless prior approval has been granted. [Extended.]
- Administration fees are payable for entries. This is to prevent automated entries. [Cancelled.]
- Copyright is retained by the author. Story Software has the right to publish, use and display the entries. Other publication (such as in your blog) is permitted by Story Software and requires a link to the book.
- First prize: £50 (UK pounds) plus a print copy. If no clear winner, entries will go into selection for volume 2, 2023.
- The second prize is one print copy. Five runners-up winners will be selected.
- The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- Story Software reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be selected from the entrants. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 14 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner. All entrants selected for the Anthology will receive an ebook copy of the book.
- Royalties are divided between authors from 50% of net sales of print books and ebooks. Each winning contributor will receive a sum representing part for entry and part based on word count.
- Royalties will be paid every six months, minus incurred fees, bank charges (usually free) or other transfer costs.
- The author must have a valid email address or alternative means of accepting PayPal, international money transfer or electronic funds transfer.
- All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. Story Software reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winner(s) within two months after the publication of the book. Story Software reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
- The participant confirms that they own the copyright and that the work they are submitting is their own original co-created work, assuming use of AI computer text generation or processing (of any type). The entrant agrees to compensate the organiser if the entrant does not own the copyright and Story Software incurs a loss as a result. This is to prevent direct plagiarism of existing texts.
- Comments on your work process and reflections will be published if suitable. This information might be used for anonymised research.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or being will not be included in the competition.
- No gratuitous racist, sexist, or hate content is allowed and all decisions of an ethical nature are at the discretion of Story Software. We are aware that AI can often produce material that reflects the content it is trained on. However this is a hybrid or co-created work, and the Author is responsible.
- Texts should be readable and not use any font effects, unless by prior agreement.
- Story Software’s decision as to who has won the competition is final.
- To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please email email@example.com
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by Story Software, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will Story Software be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- Story Software will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and Story Software can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.